Summary
The article that I read is about the manufacturing of more efficient cars. The widely known Toyota car company has made a better more fuel-friendly and stylish model of the Matrix for year 2009. The fuel economy is very good, as it can go 100km with 6.2L on the highways and 8.1L in the city. So, as gas prices are rising, it would be wise to buy one of these solid cars. The Toyota Matrix itself has a base price of $15, 975 which I would consider to be a fair deal, including when the gas tank has to be filled.
Connection
The connection that I found between this article and our chapter is freight-in. Since the price of gas is steadily increasing, businesses that need their inventory to be transported to them would be charged more for the service. If more fuel efficient vehicles were manufactured then the cost of running the vehicles would be less and businesses would not be charged as much. This also affects the delivery expenses of a business, as fuel would be needed to run the vehicle. The amount a business spends on these expenses is affected by what kind of vehicle it has.
Reflection
The article shows that you should buy the Toyota Matrix, which I would if I could, but it also shows that things are being done to lessen the pollution being caused by several factors. Cars are already bad for the environment by using so much gas, so I think it’s right that they should make cars that pollute less. I’m helping to do that by walking to and from school, or biking, and when I do get a car, I’ll definitely buy one that saves me gas money, which will probably be a hybrid.
http://autos.canada.com/news/story.html?id=e09d84e9-da69-4282-a910-64282764b178
Chapter 11
Posted by
Norah
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
0 comments:
Post a Comment