Ch 15 comment

I also believe that McDonald’s is profiting through the recession because they are making excellent use of their convenience and low prices, and is one of the largest fast-food chains in the world. I can tell they make good use of the common-size income statements and balance sheets, as they come up with consumer-favourable ways to increase profits, such as the coupons they send and convenience. McDonald’s is also widely advertised, so that everyone, from a little kid to an elderly, would know about this fast-food restaurant and where a nearest location would be. It would be surprising to find someone who didn’t know what McDonald’s was.

Even I, who has watched the Super Size Me movie, made some years ago about a man who only ate McDonald’s for a whole month, and know about the unhealthy nutritional facts of the food contents, eat McDonald’s from time to time. I wouldn’t buy a burger myself, but I would buy the pies they have because it’s convenient and tastes okay. For me, it was the convenience that won over.

http://teaoh.blogspot.com/2009/03/mcdonalds-is-lovin-this-recession.html

0 comments: